- Edinburgh Convention Bureau Conference Accommodation Booking Service (CABS) makes this reservation as an Agent for the accommodation provider, and does not accept any liability in connection with the reservation.
- Once a reservation has been made on your behalf, a written confirmation will be issued to you. This reservation constitutes a legally binding contract between you and the accommodation provider. The nearest available alternative will be booked if the preferred allocation is unavailable. You will be responsible to the provider for payment of the accommodation cost. You will be responsible for payment of charges for any additional services subsequently contracted with the provider.
- Your booking details as confirmed on the Conference Accommodation Booking Form, including your name, address, contact details and credit card number will be forwarded to the accommodation provider. If requested, your accommodation details may be passed to the Conference Organiser.
- Any amendments or cancellations up to 42 days before arrival should be addressed in writing to the CABS. Any amendments or cancellations within 42 days of arrival must be negotiated directly with the accommodation provider.
- In the event of non-arrival or cancellation within 24 hours of arrival, the accommodation provider is entitled to charge your credit card with the total for the first night’s agreed price. We strongly advise you to consider cancellation insurance.
- The CABS does not accept liability for the actions of those involved in accommodation arrangements, over whom we have no direct control, eg hotels etc. Nor will the CABS be under any obligation or liability for cancellations caused by industrial disputes, riots, bad weather, epidemics, fire, governmental action or any other events beyond our control.
- It is a condition of acceptance of any booking made by the CABS that we shall not be held accountable in any way for any loss, injury or damage occasioned as a direct result of any act, error or omission on the part of the CABS, its agents or employees in or related to the implementation of the booking.
- Neither the CABS nor the accommodation provider will be responsible for the provision or non-provision of facilities or services which have not been specifically requested at the time of booking.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the accommodation booked is of a satisfactory standard. All accommodation providers in membership of Edinburgh and Lothians Tourist Board hold a valid Scottish Tourist Board Quality Assurance Award. In the case of complaint, this must in the first instance be brought to the attention of the management of the establishment. If satisfaction is not obtained, please contact the CABS in writing.
- From time to time Edinburgh and Lothians Tourist Board (ELTB) or other tourism related organisations, which must be registered under the Data Protection Act, may write to you about their products or services. If you prefer not to receive this information please write to ELTB, 3 Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2QP.