Curriculum Vitae of
Tel: +44 131 6511216
Fax: +44 131 6677209
- School - Andrews School (RJ/Brazil) 1970-1980
- University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, 1994-present
- PhD Computer Science - Distance Computer-Mediated Education
- University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, 1990-1993
- BSc Honours Computer Science - Degree - Second Class, Div. I
- CS4 Honours Project - A C++ Object Oriented Debugger.
- Full Blue Award - Member of the Great Britain University Volleyball Team - 1993
- University Federal Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1981-1989
- BSc Architecture - not concluded
- BSc Mathematics - not concluded
- Pontiff University Catholic of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1983-1985
July 1993 - September 1995
University of Edinburgh, UK, Edinburgh University, Computing Services
Computational Physics Lab
Responsible for network administration, software development and
installation and WWW administration. The computer network roughly
consisted of 10 work stations HP (300 and 700 series) and 30
X-Terminals. The work involved the utilisation of NIS (Network
Information Services), C, C++, X, Window Systems, X/Motif, HP Unix,
html, htpd, etc.
May 1984 - February 1990
Bamerindus Bank of Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Finance Department, I.T. Division
August 1988 - February 1990
Leader of System Support Group, working with: Operating System,
Data Bases, Tele-Processing and supporting Systems Development areas.
Responsible for supervising one System Analyst Senior and one
May 1987 - July 1988
Leader of Managerial and Data Base Systems Development Group.
Responsible for supervising two System Analyst Senior and one
May 1985 - April 1987
Design and programming of Managerial and Data Base Systems.
May 1984 - April 1985
Student of Designing and Programming Finance Systems.
- CPU - IBM/4381 - P14 with 48 Mbytes
- DASD - IBM/3375
- Tapes - IBM/3420
- Printers - IBM/3203 and IBM/3287 (graphical support)
- Terminals - IBM/3278-2, 3278-2A, 3278-3 (graphical support) and 3278-5
- TCU - IBM/3705
- Diskette - IBM/3540
- PCs Compatible
- MVS/XA, ACF/VITAM, ACF/NCP, BTAM, TSO/E, ISPF/PDF, OSCOE
- FORTRAN, PL/I, ASSEMBLER, COBOL, SQL, NATURAL, EASYTRIEVE, QMF, PASCAL
- GDDM, PGF, ICU
- ADABAS, DB3, VSAM, RACF, ESE, HSM, RMF, SDSF
- Study and use of programming languages: VS Fortran, PL/I, Natural,
Pascal, Cobol, Easytrieve, SQL.
- Study and use of :
- GDDM - Graphical Data Display Manager
- PGF - Presentation Graphics Feature
- ICU - Interactive Chart Utility
- TSO - Time Sharing Option
- ISPF - Interactive System Productivity Facilities
- DIALOG - Panels, Skeletons, Messages of ISPF
- PDF - Program Development Facility
- JCL - Job Control Language
- CLIST - Command List
- VSAM - Virtual Storage Access Method
- RACF - Resource Access Control Facility
- DB2 - Data Base 2
- QMF - Query Management Facility
- ESE - Expert System Environment
- ADABAS - Hierarchical Data Base
- MVS - Operating System and its Utilities
- Training in all Technical, Production and Administrative
Divisions of Bamerindus Finance Department.
- Management Controller System of Money Market - Developed to
interact ONLINE and BATCH with the end user to control the activities of
the different regions of the Bank, allowing the execution of analysis by
unit, client skill, operation type, ballast type, over a short or long
period of time, displaying tables, graphics and reports.
- Temporal Series Data Base System - Developed to store and analyse
ONLINE temporal series (around 3000), displaying tables, graphics and reports.
- Management Controller Expert System Prototype - Developed to
realise descriptive analysis ONLINE and BATCH about the Money Market
- Economic Tables Generator and Manager System - Making use of one
interface with the "Temporal Series Data Base System", it generates and
manages "programmed tables" by the end-user. It was developed for this
purpose a programming language, allowing table definitions to be created
or modified without changing the System.
- Manager Personnel System - It was developed to analyse the
organogram and personnel budget over time, by the several levels of the
organogram. It displays tables, graphics and reports.
- Utilities System - It was developed to make available to the
end-user facilities such as: word-processor, printer manager,
Micro/MainFrame file transfer, etc.
- TSO Logon Control System - It was developed to control the user
access to the TSO system.
- Dialling Access to IBM Mainframe Project - Using a "Protocol
Converter" it allows the access of Micro-Computers (emulating IBM
- Promote System - It was developed to manage and transfer programs
from Test to Production Environment.
- Menus Manager System - It was developed to control and build in
"Real Time" several "Menus and sub-Menus" according to the different
user's skills. The System implements the standard "Structure
Architecture Application (SAA)" from IBM.
- User Support and Training.
- User's and Production's Manuals.
- Volleyball - Member of the British and Scotish University Squad
- Reading - Technical and non-technical literature
- Dr. Antonio H.V. Perrotta
7002 Boulevard East, apt 30-G,
Guttenberg, New Jersey 07093-4806
- Dr. Rosemary Candlin
University of Edinburgh, Computer Science Department,
JCMB, Kings Building, Edinburgh
Mon Oct 23 16:58:46 GMT 1995