Partner to the renowned Glen Grant of which it was once
an annexe. The two distilleries
under the same ownership are across the street from one another in the whisky
town of Rothes. This little town on the
Spey has five distilleries.
Caperdonich, founded in 1898 was rebuilt in 1965 and extended in 1967.
From the start it has been Number Two to Glen Grant. It is named after the
'Secret Well' from which it draws its water.
© Michael Jackson 1994, ms
Rothes, Morayshire, AB38 7BS
Hear "Caperdonich" pronounced in AU or WAV format
Search Dr. Do'g's index for the history of Caperdonich
There just might be some news about Caperdonich in The "Scotsman" newspaper