Subject: SLI Practical - Week 2 Summary
From: "D.K. Arvind" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:42:26 +0000

Dear All,

1. Here is the first pass of the partitioning and mapping exercise:
Tasks -
i)   Program the game
ii)  Develop the user interface
iii) Develop the interface to VCC
iv)  Bluetooth protocol and interface to the game
v)   Platform Architecture and Mapping
vi)  Develop services, such as graphics and H/L network functions

We agreed on the following broad mapping of people to tasks:
a) Spiros, Alex and Andrew - i U vi, i.e. accept all the inputs and produce all
the outputs of the games console, and implement the game behaviour.
b) James - ii U iii
c) Jackson - iv
d) Dave - v
2. You have been tasked to the do the following before the next meeting:
i) Clearly define your part of the project in terms of tasks and sub-tasks,
denoting interfaces with the tasks of other people in the group. Estimate the
time for each sub-task. You should leave at least two weeks at the end for 
intergration and testing. You can use tools such as Microsoft Projects to help
define the schedule. Where appropriate specify your system in UML.
ii) Do the necessary preparatory reading and hands-on working with tools
such as VCC (mail Andy (andy@dcs) if you have VCC queries) and report progress.
iii) Please setup and update your webpage for your project in the SLIP account.

3. I have included some notes on a case-study in use-case analysis, and 
description of the architecture of the platform.

4. I meant to bring this up at the last meeting - I will be away in Japan 
during the period 25th Feb. to 6th March. I wish to bring forward the meeting 
intended for 25th Feb. to Friday, 22nd Feb. at 3pm, and put back the meeting 
intended for 4th March to Thursday 7th March at 3pm. Please let me know if 
this clashes with your other commitments.

5. Come up with a catchy name for your project

See you next Monday at 3pm in Room 1507.