Subject: SLI Practical - Week 4 Summary
From: "D.K. Arvind" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:05:15 +0000

Dear All,
	
1. We clarified that the implementation of the 2-player Stratego game should 
allow other participants to "observe" the game. The total number of 
participants in a Bluetooth piconet is 8, which should allow upto 6 external
observers. The game should be implemented for this figure, although you
will be expected to demonstrate with only one observer. Ideally, the observer 
should be able to see the pieces of both the players; if this is infeasible 
(you should justify on technical grounds as to why), then a
participant can choose to observe either one of the two players, by seeking 
permission when joining the network.

2.  Dave demonstrated the operation of  a simple ARM-based platform 
architecture. He should now proceed to map the baseband control layer of the 
Bluetooth behaviour onto
the ARM and record its performance, and demonstrate it at next week's 
tutorial. He should also look into modelling the OAK DSP module, the buses and 
the memory subsystem as part of his platform.

3. Jackson has now hived off the Bluetooth protocol layer from L2CAP downwards
for use in this project. He should test and confirm its behaviour with 
appropriate test inputs for demonstration at next week's tutorial.

4. Andrew has updated his webpage with details of the Input module and the
Layout of the Stratego Game screen; there are placeholders for the Control and
Net modules. 

5. Spyros and Andrew will demonstrate at next week's tutorial the 
initialisation
of the game on a Linux box. They should be thinking in terms of porting their
code to VCC.

6. Alex will demonstrate next week the Graphics module (part of Services) on 
his Linux laptop. He should also place details of the screen structure on his
web page for James. He should be thinking of porting his code to VCC.

7. James has been working on setting up the SLIP2002 website. He should 
demonstrate next week the pipe between VCC and the NT application.

ALL: You should update your webpages with your progress. I am missing an
Introduction to the Stratego game and a  top-level box diagram on the webpage 
which shows the different parts of the project and the mapping to people.

Overall comment: the project is getting into its stride, but needs an injection
of momentum. 

The next meeting will take place in the North-East room in the Machine Halls
at 3pm on 11th Feb.

Cheers,
Arvind