This distillery, 4 Km/2.5 miles north of Keith, close to both the Isla and the
Spey, was built in 1896 by Alexander Edward of Forres
(owner of Benrinnes) who remained sole owner till 1899.
It was sold to John Dewar and Co in 1923 and reconstructed in 1971.
The name means 'Big Burn' and derives from a nearby stream though the distillery
derives its water from the peat-rich water of the Foggie Moss.
© Michael Jackson 1994, ms.
Hear "Aultmore" pronounced in AU or WAV format
Search Dr. Do'g's index for the history of Aultmore
There just might be some news about Aultmore in The "Scotsman" newspaper